- Arrive 5 minutes early for a brief introduction to the Spa and Float Pod.
- We recommend eating something small to avoid tummy grumble distractions.
- It’s best not to shave, tan, or wax at least 4 hours before floating.
- Hair color must be “set” or running clear.
- Avoiding caffeine will help with a more relaxing experience.
- Women on their “flow” will need to reschedule their appointment.
- Please do not float while intoxicated or if you are epileptic or have a contagious illness, please do not float.
Please reschedule if…
- You are sick or have a contagious or infectious disease.
- You currently have any form of yeast, sinus or other infection.
- You have any large open cuts or wounds.
- You are on your menstrual cycle.
- You are on drugs or alcohol.
Please do not float if…
- You are epileptic.
- You are prone to ear infections or any inner ear condition that may be irritated by water.
What to Bring
- Any after shower items of your preference. We supply shampoo, conditioner, body wash, towels, Q-tips, lotion, and earplugs.
- You’re welcome to bring a bathing suit but it is not necessary.
- An open mind about this rejuvenating experience! Free of all sensory input the mind can become loud at the beginning. When you stick with it, the mind relaxes and the true rest can unfold.
Before the Tank
- Get squeaky clean! Shower using shampoo only (no conditioner yet) and wash thoroughly with shower gel and washcloth, removing all oils and dirt from the body and hair.
- Dry those ears! The silicone ear plugs will create proper suction with the ear dry.
- Cover any scrapes or small cuts with waterproof bandages or Vaseline provided.
- Use the toilet before you enter the Float Spa.
Entering the Tank
- Step into the float pod filled with 10 inches of salty water and close the door to your preference.
- Avoid touching or dripping on the face and mouth as the salt will sting if it gets in your eyes. (A washcloth will be just outside the tank door in case you need it.)
- Gently lie down face up, allowing the water to fully support you. If you’d like, use the circular float to support your head.
- Find a comfortable position floating on your back. You will be surprised how buoyant you are!
- Allow your head to relax all the way back as the water will support it.
- Now empty your mind and let the spa do the rest. Follow your breath or feel your heartbeat. After about 30 to 40 minutes your brain waves will slow down into a theta pattern. This is ideal for deep relaxation!
Exiting the Tank
- The spa attendant will gently knock on the door as a signal that your session is complete. You can respond with a simple “Okay” or “Thank you.”
- Sit up slowly with your head tilted back pressing the water out of your hair.
- Stand up, wipe off as much salt water from your body back into the spa, and then carefully exit.
- Take a second shower to rinse off the remaining salt water, dry off, and smile. You are welcome to use our lotion products.
- After each session a powerful filter, UV and Ozonator will clean and purify the water.
- Enjoy our essential oil infused water and have a seat outside or take a walk in the gardens. It is good to take a few minutes after your session before leaving. Maybe stroll through the wellness store or have a snack at the restaurant! Take good care of yourself and enjoy the lasting benefits of the Float Spa!