Far Infrared Sauna Sessions
- It is best to eat about 2 hours before your session. Have a small snack if it has been longer since your last meal.
- You may choose to avoid caffeine for a more relaxing experience.
- Do not use alcohol or drugs before your FIR Sauna session.
- To amplify both detox & weight-loss benefits, consider a workout before.
- Arrive 5 minutes early, for a brief introduction to the Spa and FIR Sauna.
Please reschedule if…
- You are sick or have a contagious or infectious disease.
- You currently have any form of yeast, sinus or other infection.
- You have any large open cuts or wounds.
- You are on drugs or alcohol.
Please do not sauna if…
- You are epileptic or diabetic.
- You have hemophilia or other heart/circulation conditions.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
What to Bring
- A large bottle of water (no glass, please). Hydration is vital when using the FIR sauna.
- Any after-shower items you wish. We supply shampoo, conditioner, body wash, towels, Q-tips, lotion and earplugs. The FIR Sauna facilitates the release of large quantities of toxins through your sweat, so you may wish to bring a loofah or other scrubber. You may also wish to bring flip-flops to wear in the Spa and shower areas.
- You’re welcome to bring a sarong or bathing suit, but it is not necessary.
- An open mind about this powerful cleansing experience! FIR sauna sessions can be intense, but GREATLY benefit the body. Stick with it!
Before the Far Infrared Sauna
- Make sure your phone is off or silent.
- Get undressed to your comfort level, and place your belongings in the box provided. Other people may use the bathroom, so be sure to keep your things near the FIR Sauna.
- Have a glass of water and use the toilet.
- Wrap up in a towel and step into the FIR Sauna!
Far Infrared Sauna Session
- Towels are placed in the sauna to absorb sweat. Please do not move them.
- Keep the curtain closed while you are in the FIR Sauna, for your own privacy and that of other spa clients.
- Find a comfortable position, sitting on the bench. Be sure to keep your body, including your feet, on the towels.
- Now empty your mind and let the FIR sauna do the rest. Follow your breath or feel your heartbeat.
- After about 5-10 minutes, you should start to sweat. Use your towel to wipe away any excess sweat. This helps you to continue sweating.
- Should you become at all dizzy or light-headed, open the door for a breath of cool air. If you need to, leave the sauna.
Exiting the Sauna
- The spa attendant will gently knock on the door as a signal that your session is complete. You can respond with a simple “Okay” or “Thanks.”
- Stand up and use the body towel to wipe as much sweat as possible from your body, legs and feet. Then step out and go straight to the shower.
- Take a warm shower and scrub off any remaining toxins. Rehydrate with our essential oil infused water. Ask about our “Detox Package.”
- Dry off, and smile! You are on the way to a healthier life.
- After you shower and dress, relax for a few minutes before leaving. Find a seat outside or in the cafe and just sit, relax and feel the benefits of the FIR sauna. You can also walk in the gardens, stroll through the wellness store, or have a light snack or green juice at the cafe.